Boys Sprint Medley 2nd, Girls 3rd

Brook Price ’13 runs the final stretch of the 3200M run at the 2013 Drake Relays. Photo by Ryan Young.
Brook Price ’13 finishes the Sprint Medley Relay. Photo by Ryan Young

On Friday, the Boys Sprint Medley Relay finished 2nd at The Drake Relays with a time of 3:30.70. The relay was run by Bryson Rungee ’15, Michael Gloer ’13, Ryan Dorman ’14, and Brook Price ’13. They were just edged out of a Drake flag by Linn-Mar, finishing only .4 seconds behind The Lions.

“There was a lot of good runners in that race,” Price said. “We thought we had a chance to win, so I was just trying to go out there and get first place.”

The Little Hawks were in 4th place for most of the race. They really kicked it in to gear during the last 200M.

“I was just trying to stay in it for a while,” Price said. “The kick was crazy. I was just trying to come out of it on top, but he [Linn-Mar] had a really good kick that race. He’s always a dangerous runner to go against.”

The Girls Sprint Medley Relay finished 3rd on Friday, with a time of 1:48.92. The relay was run by Mickey Hansche ’13, Kiera Washpun ’14, Claire Crew ’13, and Sarah Plock ’15. The Little Hawks set a new personal best, improving their time by almost 3 seconds.

Sarah Plock ’15 finishes the Sprint Medley Relay. Photo by Ryan Young.

“It felt fast,” Plock said. “We just wanted to go out hard and do the best we could.”