LH Science Facts Blog
March 31, 2017
Filed under LH Facts
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
- Scientists discovered that the dinosaur, Daspletosaurus horneri, was covered with a mask of flat scales, with patches of armor-like skin and sheaths of horn. The skin acted as a sixth sense and allowed them to hunt and catch prey.
- The world’s first glow-in-the-dark frog was discovered in Argentina. The polka-dot tree frog has translucent skin, which appears to glow. Scientists expect the glow allows for communication.
- Researchers are experimenting with growing human cells on spinach leaves. The scientists hope that the leaves can be used for regenerative medicine: cartilage, bone tissue engineering, and wound healing.
- Scientists have made progress in battling the Zika virus. Using the Hi-C technique, scientists are able to target specific DNA sequences within a mosquito. They are continuing to research the Zika virus and are hoping they can create a cure.
- Recently, scientists have discovered an explosion coming from a distant galaxy 10.7 Billion light-years away. Scientists have no explanation for the explosion and are currently exploring possibilities of the cause.