Maya Durham

Teagan Roeder delivers his winning speech in Opstad Auditorium

Roeder and McMillian Win City High Student Senate Presidential Election

Teagan Roeder '18 and Patrick McMillan '18 are the victorious candidates in the City High Presidential and Vice Presidential election. Full election coverage including past stories on the controversy, live stream video of their speeches, and one on one interviews with the candidates below.

After weeks of posters lining the City High lockers and debate over the controversial election fresh in students’ minds, Teagan Roeder has emerged triumphant as the 2017-18 Class President and Patrick McMillian has won the Vice Presidential Election.

“I was really impressed with all the the candidates up there [during the candidates’ speeches today] with their brilliant ideas for how to change City High,” current Vice President Lucy McGehee ’17 said.

Patrick McMillan gives his speech in Opstad Auditorium By: Maya Durham

Teagan Roeder, the President, stressed communication as his main campaign point and hit it hard in his campaign speech (FULL SPEECH LIVE STREAMED ON FACEBOOK).

Patrick McMillian, City High’s new Vice President, called for transparency as the main issue he would like to change at City.

Vice President McGehee gave advice to the newly minted President and Vice President.

“My advice is definitely to continue communication with students. I also think that, as some of the candidates talked about, we should focus on diversity. We could do a lot better at talking, including more people, and talking to students.”

Who are you voting for and why?
How Well Do You Know Eric Thomas?
How Well Do You Know Greg Jones?
How Well Do You Know Teagan Roeder?
Student Election Profile: Gabby McCormick
How Well Do You Know Amadou Sanogo?
How Well Do You Know Patrick McMillan?

$1800
$5000

• S

Sharon ThomasMay 28, 2017 at 4:06 pm

CONGRATS, Teagan!!!!! Couldn’t be more proud and Dazzled by This! Great job!!! 🙂

Reply