Sadie Bodzin
Sadie Bodzin
Culture Co-Editor

Large Group Speech Comes Home for a Show

Elijah Jones '14 and Francesca Lubeki-Wilde '13 in the spotlight at a previous Large Group Speech show. Photo by Oli Peters
Elijah Jones ’14 and Francesca Lubeki-Wilde ’13 in the spotlight at a previous Large Group Speech show. Photo by Oli Peters

Last year saw an appearance of the infamous OctoWoman and an incredibly rushed (15 minute) rendition of Hamlet. Tonight, the City High Large Group Speech team will take the stage in Iver B. Opstad Auditorium. A donation of $5 is recommended but entry will not be denied, and the acts will include a choral reading group, three improv groups, three musical theater groups, two ensemble acting groups, a one-act play, and a solo mime performance.

“I’m most excited to host the show because I’ve been in it for four years and the seniors have always gotten to host, so I’m excited it’s finally our turn!” Christina Sullivan ‘13 said of her role in the impending spectacle.

“It could be really good or it could suck, that’s improv,” Max Friedman ‘13 added nervously.

Regardless of the LGS members’ performance day thoughts, the Home Show has grown to become a well-loved tradition at The School That Leads; much of City is expected to turn out and, if for nothing else, they’ll be looking to see what the improvers have up their sleeves this time around.