Boys Basketball Falls to CR Prairie

Tony Perry ’13 goes up for a shot in the first quarter. Photo by Annika Wasson

After battling all year to improve every game, the boys basketball team’s season ended Monday, February 18, as they fell, 39-68, to Cedar Rapids Prairie in their first round game of the regional tournament.
The last time these two teams faced, the Little Hawks prevailed in double overtime, however the roles were reversed on Monday night. The team struggled with finishing shots and controlling Prairie’s offense. It was raining three’s throughout the first half for the Little Hawk’s opponents, which put City in a hole early. The team fought back, but was not able to recover from their early deficit.
Leading scorers for the Little Hawks were Lonnie Chester ’13 and LaDarius Taylor ’14, each with 10 points. Cameron Spears ’13 added six along with four rebounds, and Tony Perry ’13 had six rebounds.
With Monday’s loss the Little Hawks dropped to 8-14 on the season. Although this was not the way they hoped to end their season, the team will keep striving to improve throughout the off season to build off their successes and carry them over to next year.