Forwald-Coleman Relays: Preview

WHO: The CHS Boys and Girls track teams

WHAT: The Forwald-Coleman Relays

WHEN: 4:30 PM Field Events – 5:00 PM Running Events

WHERE: John Raffensperger Track – City High School

Olivia Parrott '16 runs during the team's first indoor home meet.  Photo by Annika Wasson
Olivia Parrott ’16 runs during the team’s first indoor home meet. Photo by Annika Wasson

Rain or shine, The Little Hawk boys and girls track teams are preparing for their biggest home track meet of the season – The Forwald-Coleman Relays.

“I’m looking forward to seeing what our team can do,” Co-Captain Mickey Hansche ’13 said. “We’ve improved a lot since the start of the year, and this meet is another great opportunity for us.”

The Forwald-Coleman Relays have been held at City High for years, and is arguably the largest sporting event held at the school each year. The meet continually brings in top-teir teams from all across the state.

“Forwald is one of my favorite meets,” Hansche said. “I hope we come out and compete at the level I know that we’re capable of.”

Rain is threatening the meet, although unless there is severe weather, City High is determined to keep the meet on schedule. As the deadline to qualify for The Drake Relays is at midnight Thursday evening, the meet staff know how important it is to host this meet for the athletes involved.

“We want to give as many athletes as possible a chance to qualify [for Drake],” Athletic Director D’Anne Kroemer said. “If we postpone the meet, they won’t even get a chance.”

In the event of severe weather, check back to www.thelittlehawk.com for updated information on the meet status, as well as complete meet coverage and results.