Wisdom Konu
Wisdom Konu
Executive Editor and Culture Co-Editor

THE ODD COUPLE: A City High staff production

By Kenny Morris

City High teachers and alumni are taking their chance in acting this weekend at Opstad.

Nearly every one walking around City High has seen the poster for The Odd Couple, A Comedy in Three Acts. A story of two completely different characters.

“One is a mess, in every sense of the word. He doesn’t give much thought to the trail of garbage he leaves behind,” commented Doug Lestina. “The other is anal and clean.”

The main problem the two have is their different views on trash, and everything goes sliding downhill from there.

Peters and Lestina reflect their characters in real life, according to Lestina. “I found some similarities between myself and Oscar,” he said.

Throughout the entire performance, Peters and Lestina show the ups and downs of a typical friendship. Small and large problems alike cause the friendship to move towards the breaking point.

Though Neil Simon wrote this in 1968, many themes in this play can relate to modern day events.

The Odd Couple will be shown on Friday, August 27th, and Saturday, August 28th, at 7:30 in the Opstad Auditorium. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students.

Leave the young ones at home because adult themes are mentioned every now and then. Half the proceeds benefit the Iowa City Free Medical Center.

Cast:
Oscar Madison-Doug Lestina
Felix Ungar-Troy Peters
Speed-Luis Sierra
Roy-Jeremy Negus
Murray-Andrew Wilkes
Vinnie-Esack Grueskin
Cecily Pigeon-Robin Fields
Gwendolyn Pigeon-Maureen Hill