Boys Basketball to Open Season with Jamboree

Luke Posivio ’14 drives to the basket during the 2012-2013 season. Photo by Annika Wasson

This upcoming Monday, November 25, City High will hold the Varsity Boys Basketball Jamboree. Seven other schools besides City High will be attending: Iowa Valley, Tipton, Wilton, Belle Plaine, Williamsburg, West Liberty, and Anamosa. Head Coach Don Showalter wants see how the team can handle themselves in a game.

“We have a really good group of passionate athletes,” Showalter said. “They’re great teammates and always encourage each other.”

Showalter thinks the jamboree will be just the challenge his team needs to see how they will adjust to future teams.

“We’ve got good, quick shooters and great passing techniques.”

The team hopes to show their improvement from the last year’s record of 8-13, and believe the jamboree will be the perfect place to start the new season. Players to look out for are starters Luke Posivio ‘14, Austin Withrow ‘14, Logan LaFauce ‘15, Emmanuel Hopper ‘15, and Ladarius Taylor ‘14, alongside Quinton Forrester ‘14 and Mitch Wieland ‘14. Each game during the jamboree will be the length of half a full game. All games will be located in the City High gymnasium.

Schedule:

7:00 PM Iowa Valley vs Tipton

7:45 PM Wilton vs Belle Plaine

8:30 PM Williamsburg vs West Liberty

9:15 PM City High vs Anamosa