Filed under A & E

Disney Plans to Make Star Wars Movies For At Least 15 More Years & Other Star Wars News

Disney CEO, Bob Iger, said in a statement that Disney has enough content and plans for new films to last well into the 2030s.

“We’re starting talk about what could happen after Episode IX,” said Iger during an interview in Santa Monica last week, reports The Hollywood reporter. “About what could be another decade-and-a-half of Star Wars stories.”

Disney also announced release dates for Episode VIII and the 2018 Han Solo movie. Episode VIII: The Last Jedi will be released December 15, 2017. The Han Solo movie will be released May 25, 2018.

Iger said that Disney wouldn’t use CGI to re-animate Carrie Fisher in Episode IX (Like Tarkin in Rogue One). “When we bought Lucasfilm, we were going to make three films, Episodes VII, VIII and IX,” he said. “We had to deal with tragedy at the end of 2016. [But] Carrie appears throughout VIII. We are not changing VIII to deal with her passing. Her performance remains as it is in VIII.”