Kate Meis
Kate Meis
News Editor

The Little Hawks travel to Marion This Friday to Take On Linn-Mar

Photo by Della Nuno

By: Kris Kindl

This week the Little Hawks take on the undefeated Linn-Mar Lions. With a win last week over Dubuque Wahlert the 6-1 Little Hawks have had lots to work on the past two weeks. The win over Dubuque Wahlert last friday was a sloppy one, but still a win.

For the first time this season the Little Hawks are the under-dog coming into this conference match-up. With a 6-1 record the Little Hawks are predicted to have a hard time at Linn-Mar’s brand new stadium against the undefeated Lions. The hostile environment might prove to be too much for the struggling Little Hawks. Communication, execution, and focus will be the keys of the game for the Little Hawks.

The Lions coming into week eight have 1296 yards through the air with 67.8% completions, 19 touchdowns and two interceptions. On the ground the Linn-Mar has 1746 yards rushing on 230 carries and 20 touchdowns. The Lions are 97.6% efficient in PAT’s and two for two in field goals.

On defense the Lions have 417 total tackles with seven sacks, 35 tackles for loss and seven fumble recoveries. In the secondary the Lions have eight interceptions.

The Little Hawks high-powered offense has 287 yards passing with 40% completions, five touchdowns and two interceptions. City High has 2542 yards rushing this season on 354 carries and 28 touchdowns. This year kicker Drew Cornwell is 100% efficient on PAT’s with 34 attempts, and 70% efficient in field goals

City Highs fast, and physical defense has 426 total tackles, with 35 tackles for loss, nine sacks, and four fumble recoveries. The Little Hawk secondary has six interceptions and one touchdown.

This game tonight is very important to the both teams. Who ever plays harder and executes their game plan better will be the winner. In a sense, this game is like the MVC championship game. Who ever wins this game will have the rights to a top spot going into the playoffs in two weeks.

Photo by Della Nuno