Drama Board Meeting Update

Lindy Rublaitus, Reporter

On Friday, September 29th, Mr. Peters and his student drama board had a meeting to discuss the upcoming fall play, Charlotte’s Web, as well as the spring musical.

Students discussed how they can increase the amount of families will be coming to show. Talk of visiting elementary schools and placing posters around Iowa City in family oriented places were said during the meeting. The board also would like to connect with South East Jr. High for a small preview at their school.

Social media outlets were heavily discussed as students took charge of the accounts. Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook will all be updated more frequently with information about the shows and what is happening with the cast throughout the production.

The idea of raising funds for Puerto Rico victims was brought up by Mr. Peters as well. The board would like to either find a school in need or donate to a cause going directly to those in need of food in shelter with part of the money they earn from the show.

Planning for the distant future was discussed with the idea of making a promotional video for technical theater for advisory. There was talk of the high demand for student to be taking over the seniors in all departments of the theater.

The next meeting will be held on October 26th after school where they will discuss Charlotte’s Web in its most busy week and what the staff holds for the next show, Little Shop of Horrors.