Other stories filed under FEATURE
Hungry for Halloween
October 30, 2017
Black Cat Cake
2 boxes of red velvet cake mix
2 16 oz canisters of black frosting
1 bag of black colored chocolate
Cake pop sticks
- Bake both boxes of red velvet cakes into 3 separate pans.
- Let cakes cool and level.
- Place one cake on a cake stand and spread an even layer of black frosting on top. Repeat this until you have frosted the third cake to create 3 layers.
- Cover the entire cake in black frosting.
- Melt chocolate according to package.
- On wax paper, create 3 triangles of chocolate for the nose and ears of the cat. Make sure they are thick so they don’t crumble and let cool.
- While the chocolate is cooling, stick 6 cake pop sticks into the front of the cake to make the whiskers.
- Place the chocolate ears on top of the cake sticking up and place frosting on the back of the nose, sticking it between the whiskers.
Candy Corn Milkshake
1 Quart Vanilla Ice Cream
1 Quart Orange Sherbet
Yellow Food Coloring
Sprinkles or Candy Corn to Garnish
- Soften ice cream and sherbet for around 30 minutes. Add around ⅓ of the quart of ice cream to a bowl. Stir in yellow food coloring until combined.
- Fill clear glasses around ⅓ of the way full with yellow ice cream. Return to freezer for 5-10 minutes or until set.
- Once set, fill cup around ⅔ of the way full with orange sherbet. Return to freezer for 5-10 minutes or until set.
- Fill cup nearly full using the plain vanilla ice cream. Top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with sprinkles or candy corn if desired.
1/2 (12oz) bag Guittard Vanilla Milk Chips
1 tube of black frosting with small frosting tip
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate according to the package.
- Immediately dip pretzels, one at a time, in the bowl, using a fork to turn the pretzel over. Shake off excess chocolate from the pretzel with the fork. Place on wax paper.
- Let cool until chocolate is hard.
- Once chocolate is cool, make two eyes and a screaming mouth out of black frosting.