Sign-up for Black History Game Show Now in Main Office

%28From+the+left%29%3A+Deborah+Kavira+20+and+Cecile+Bendera+20+practice+for+the+2017+IMMAWII+black+history+game+show.+

Mariam Keita

(From the left): Deborah Kavira ’20 and Cecile Bendera ’20 practice for the 2017 IMMAWII black history game show.

Mariam Keita, Reporter

A sign-up sheet for the “I’ll Make Me a World in Iowa” Black History Game Show can now be found in the main office. Students who are interested in learning more about black achievements and accomplishments can do so as contestants on one of the City High award-winning game show teams.

Cecile Bendera ‘20, a returning game show contestant, encourages students to sign up for the show.

“It’s an amazing opportunity to see different people from different places who care about black history,” Bendera said.

Last year, two teams from City High attended the event, one of them placing second and securing a $100 prize. The annual event will take place on the last Friday in January.

Fred Newell, an educator at City High, will return as one of the sponsors for this year’s game show. An informational meeting will be held this Friday in the conference room across from the main office for students who would like more information. Practices, which usually begin in the weeks leading up to the event, will begin earlier this year.