Isabella Young
Isabella Young
Opinion Co-Editor

Crimes of the Heart

The Pulitzer Prize winning comedy, Crimes of the Heart, is coming to City High. Beth Henley’s Crimes of the Heart was completed in 1978 and submitted to numerous regional theatre’s for consideration. The play was chosen as c0-winner of the Great American Play Contest in Louisville in 1979, and went on to receive a Pulitzer Prize before setting a course for Broadway. The comedy was performed in London, Chicago, Atlanta, as well as numerous other venues across the country. Now, students from City High will be stepping into the shoes of the Crimes of the Heart cast: Miriam Thoe, Francesca Lubecki-Wilde, and Sage Behr will be playing the roles of Lenny, Meg, and Babe Magrath (respectively) of Hazlehurst, Mississippi. The play will also feature Christina Sullivan as Chick Boyle, Elijah Jones as Doc Porter, and Ryan Shellady as Barnette Lloyd. The creative team is made up of Doug Lestina and Troy Peters (set design), Jason Arnold (stage manager), Savannah Reese (costumes), Mikiel Curtis and Emily Mitchell (properties). After the school performance, the cast will be traveling to perform at UNI on November 12th for the Annual Iowa Thespian Festival. The comedy will be put on tonight and tomorrow night at 7:00 PM in the Little Theater. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the door.