Debate Team: Glenbrook Preview

The debate team at their last competiton. Photo by Keiran Green.

This weekend the City High debate team will be making their way to Glenbrook High School in Chicago, Illinois. About a third of the way through with debate season, the team will compete against many teams from all over the country.

“I’m excited for Glenbrook,” debate member Keiran Green’13 said. “It’s a great opportunity to debate against large schools with good teams so it will be hard competition but also provides a great educational experience.”

The large schools that come to the competition bring massive debate teams. Anywhere from 500 to 700 students will be there.

“Level of competition in larger debated is very tough,” Green said. “It’s nice to compete with this kind of challenge.”

This year, The National Forensics League has selected if the United States government should substantially increase exploration and/or development, of space beyond the Earth’s hemisphere. The team is excited to debate the topic at this large tournament.

“So far the team has being doing well,” Green said. “Especially considering what a young team we are. We’re hoping that by the end of the year our younger debaters will be up to par with the rest of the team and Glenbrook will give them a good opportunity to increase their debating skills.”