Girls Varsity Cross Country Finishes Top Ten at State Meet

Rachel Marsh

Rowan Boulter ’22 led the team and finished in 21st place with a time of 19:08. Second on the team

Rachel Marsh, Reporter

On November 2, the girls competed in Fort Dodge at the State meet. Boulter led the team and finished in 21st place with a time of 19:08. Second on the team, Wedemeyer placed 42nd with a time of 19:43, a personal record. Reynolds came in third for the team with a time of 19:49 putting her in the 52nd place. Anderson was their fourth runner with a time of 20:22 and in the 81st place. Mary Bounds ‘20 came in 94th place with a time of 20:32. The sixth runner on the team was Lucy Corbin ‘22, coming in 107th place with a time of 20:57. Esti Brady ‘20 was the seventh runner with a time of 21:22 and in the 112th place. 

“The team was insanely hard working, especially the people I was around. It seemed like everybody had one similar goal. I think part of it was due to coming back. Not making it state last year, I think it just made everyone a lot more determined. I think that the whole vibe of workouts was more competitive,” said sophomore Tatum Frazier.

The girls had a successful night, running a full team of seven, compared to last year, when Boulter was the only qualifier. After a second place finish at Divisionals, the girls ended the season finishing in ninth place at state with 223 total points.