Parker+Max+22+racing+to+qualify+for+state+at+the+divisional+meet.+

Rachel Marsh

Parker Max ’22 racing to qualify for state at the divisional meet.

Parker Max

December 17, 2020

Parker Max ’22 is an athlete looking to pursue college sports. He plans to run cross country in college but is still undecided where. This year, Max ran at the high school State Cross Country meet where the team placed eighth overall. Max’s is currently a junior and plans to become the best runner he can be in college.

“I just love running itself and so I think that cross country is a sport where anybody can run in college, so I might as well take advantage of that,” Max said.

Currently due to COVID-19, most of the colleges Max is looking into are not allowing in person college visits however, Max has begun contact with several division three coaches.

“It’s kind of stressful to think about where to go to college when you can’t really visit the college. So I’m hoping that I’ll be able to do some visits over the summer when hopefully it’ll be not so bad,” Max said.

Max is inspired to run in college from his family and looks forward to the higher intensity of college running.

“Both my parents and ran in college and my brother’s running in college now.  In high school, there aren’t as many runners on the team that take it super seriously and in college the team is definitely very focused and everybody is there because they and they love to run so I just think that there would be more of a team bond, which would be really fun to be a part of.”