Natalie Green

Izzy and Jane wrote a teacher appreciation column about their favorite teacher Mr. Lala.

Teacher Appreciation Column: Mr. Lala Cares about the Students and not the Tests

Dear Mr. Lala,

While you might not be that interested in science, Mr. Lala makes science fun. With his daily check-ins with students and his life advice during class you always learn more than just science in class. 

Mr. Lala teaches in a fun, interactive way. Even throughout Covid, he has found ways to entertain you in class. 

Mr. Lala really shows that he cares about his students by letting them leave a minute early sometimes if they have to rush after school.

Mr. Lala makes sure everyone in his class is having a good time and focuses more on students understanding the learning material, rather than passing a test. That is why Mr. Lala is such a great teacher and has made a good impact on City High school students.

Izzy Greving

Dear Mr. Lala,

A teacher who I appreciate is Mr. Lala, who is my earth and space-science teacher. I have learned a lot in Mr. Lala’s class because I feel like he really takes the time to make sure everyone understands what we are learning, instead of just caring about tests.

That is one of the things that makes him such a good teacher. In class, he has us do projects and assignments as posters rather than doing everything on the computer like most teachers. He also has us work in groups and partners a lot, which I really like. These things make the class more interesting and fun. In many of my classes, I feel like we do the exact same thing every day, but Mr. Lala is good at switching it up. Sometimes we go outside, sometimes we do activities where we get to leave the classroom and walk around the school. Even when we are doing all of those fun things, the classroom still stays a good focused learning environment. I think I can speak for most of my classmates when I say that Mr. Lala’s 7th-period science class is my favorite class of the day!

Jane Barnhouse

$1775
$5000