Jack Rogers
Jack Rogers
Sports Co-Editor

“Chicago” opens tonight in Opstad Auditorium

Ryan Shellady '12 plays Billy in the production of Chicago. Chicago opens this weekend in Opstad Auditorium.
This weekend, Opstad Auditorium will come alive with the lights and sounds of “Chicago the Musical.”
“It’s different then any show City High has ever done,” Alexandra Perez ‘13 said.
Perez will play the Roxie Hart, a lead.
“Roxie is a very complex character, and she’s really funny to play.”
After months of rehearsing, the cast and crew celebrated a successful school preview and dress rehearsal on Wednesday.
“The dress rehearsal went a lot better than the preview, but the preview still went well. We still have a little to do before opening night, though,” said Perez.
In comparison to other productions, things have gone right on schedule.
“Everything in theatre is a work-in-progress, from the first read-through, to the final bow,” said Baylee Avery ‘12, who works on crew.
Directors and the cast members were overjoyed with the reception from the preview. Especially with Chicago considered as a mature show.
“I think the show has the perfect amount of raunch that will get people to see it. It is suggestive, but not completely inappropriate,” Perez stated on the matter. “I think people were surprised when they realized wow, this isn’t about munchkins or business people, it’s edgy and scandalous and intriguing.”
Chicago runs Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night in Opstad at 7:30 PM. Tickets are $7 for students and $12 for adults.