Local bands to “get schooled” at PS1

Max Friedman '13 of 'The Projectors' is pictured with a flier for the upcoming PS1 show juxtaposed over his head. Photos special to The Little Hawk.

Tonight, April 20, at 7:30 six local bands, some featuring high school and college students are putting on a performance at Public Space 1, 129 Washington Street.

“It’s just to showcase some local music and have fun,” Max Friedman ‘13 said. “And to give high school students some more stage time.” Friedman is the guitarist of the two person band, The Projectors.

“We play rock and alternative rock, we formed about a year and a half ago and have been playing ever since.” Gabriel Basile ‘13, the band’s drummer, said. The bands performing are Conetrauma; Painted Disaster; Exit, Emergency; Other Band; The Projectors; and HOTT. Another band from City Hight, Other Band plays punk rock, according to their Facebook page and is composed of Detrell Smith, Max Bills, and Martìn Herrera.

“It’s going to be a lot of fun there are a lot of awesome bands,” Basile said. “And it’s only three bucks!”