Girls, Boys XC finish Ninth and Tenth at State

Lindsey Bruns ’13 and Ellen Carman ’14 run for the finish line at the state meet on Saturday. Photo by Oli Peters

On a brisk autumn day, the boys and girls cross country teams ran their final races of the season at the state meet in Fort Dodge.

The boys team finished tenth overall, led by Brook Price ’13. Price finished fourth individually with a time of 15:02, making Saturday his third top ten state finish of his high school career.

In the girls’ race, Courtney Bruns ’13 finished first for the Little Hawks with a time of 14:40, placing 18th individually, followed by Lindsey Bruns ’13 and Ellen Carman ’14. The girls came in ninth overall. Despite not placing in the top three, captain Erin Danielson ’13 says she’s happy with the effort the team put forth.

“As a team, [the meet] was pretty good, we had an amazing race from Courtney Bruns, she really led our team strong,” Danielson said. “We had a lot of the young girls do really well their first race at state, which was really exciting.”

Check out this post-race video interview with Danielson:

State Cross Country: Post Race Interview from Little Hawk on Vimeo.