Annual Hunger Drive to Feature Hunger Games Theme

Student Senate plans a host of events for City High including Prom and Homecoming, but during the winter Student Senate focuses on helping the community by hosting the annual City High Hunger Drive.

“We [student senate] really like to take a chance to give back to the community in the slower part of the year when we’re not planning Prom or Homecoming,” Student Senate Chair Ashley Dvorsky ‘13 said. “The Crisis Center is a good organization that really benefits from the donations.”

The hunger drive will also include an overarching theme this year to promote more student donations. This year’s theme will be based on The Hunger Games.

“Over the 4 weeks of the hunger drive there will be a different game every week,” Dvorsky said. “Each department is going to nominate a tribute and the tributes will also participate in the games. So bring your cans to school to vote for you favorite team.”

The specific games have yet to be determined, but a co-ed volleyball tournament as well as the returning speedball tournament have been confirmed. The Hunger Drive will kick off along with the annual MORP dance on February 16th.