Youngblood Brass Band to perform with City High Jazz Band – Wednesday, May 19th at Opstad

Youngblood Brass Band will perform with the City High Jazz Band Wednesday at 7 p.m. in Opstad. Press Release Photo

By Tucker Tholen
Little Hawk Sports Editor

The Youngblood brass band is coming to Opstad Auditorium this Wednesday, May 19, starting at 8 p.m..

The Youngbloods are a modern mix of jazz, hip-hop and punk music which has a appealing catch to the ear.

”They (The Youngbloods) really influenced my playing, they are awesome.” Nathaniel Gier “10 said. “I saw them play here when I was in elementary school and they really made me want to continue playing trombone.” Gier said. Gier is now the head trombone player in the City High jazz band.

The band is made up from members all over the nation but are Wisconsin based. Currently they have 11 members in the band and have been a band since 1997 featuring many artist such as famous hip-hop artist Talib Kweli who recently performed at the IMU. The Youngbloods keep busy by performing concerts and workshops for school districts.