Just over halfway through the first half of the girls’ game, the ball has seen both extremes of the field. Players on both teams have been physical, with..." /> Just over halfway through the first half of the girls’ game, the ball has seen both extremes of the field. Players on both teams have been physical, with..." />

City vs. West Soccer Live Coverage

May 18, 2015

The Little Hawks take on the Trojans at the University of Iowa Soccer Complex. Girls play at 5:00 pm, boys to follow at 7:00 pm.
________________________________________________________________________________

Just over halfway through the first half of the girls’ game, the ball has seen both extremes of the field. Players on both teams have been physical, with Sam Blowers ’15 taking a hard hit in the first few minutes. City’s offense has been successful in setting up opportunities for goals, but the girls have had only one shot on goal vs two by West. Crucial saves by goalie Gracie Steve ’15 have kept the score 0-0.

West High dominates the last 16 minutes of the first half. The Ladies of Troy have found opportunities to infiltrate City’s defense, and they have taken them. City’s offense just couldn’t seem to get in front of the ball the first half. Four saves by goalie Steve have kept City in the game.

City High starts the second half with stronger defending, keeping the ball play mostly in the middle. The team is doing better keeping space open for drives but West High is definitely still an offensive presence with over 20 minutes left in the game.

City High boys arrive to cheer girls on and prepare for their 7:00 match

A photo posted by The Little Hawk (@instalittlehawk) on

With nine minutes left on the clock, Sydney DePrenger ’18 scores over West High’s goalie to give City a 1-0 lead over the 1st ranked Ladies of Troy.