Teachers and Students Rally Support for ‘Super Ann’

Super Ann and the logo of The Little Hawk were featured on the pink shirts supporting Hanrahan.

Sam Titus

Sam Titus

Sam Titus

October 4, 2016

Over fifty teachers gathered in the front lawn wearing matching pink t-shirts in support of City High secretary Ann Hanrahan, a.k.a. ‘SuperAnn’ who is battling breast cancer.

“I am very blessed to be surrounded by all of the love and support here at City High,” Mrs. Hanrahan said.

A Pink-Out Day to visibly show support was scheduled for Hanrahan during Homecoming week. The pink-out theme was thrown in combination with Decades Day.

“Mrs. Hanrahan’s family came up with the ‘SuperAnn’ slogan when they ordered the wristbands. When we decided to sell shirts, I asked if we could tie in with that theme,” Renee Tonning, attendance secretary, said.

Pink t-shirts and wristbands flaunting the theme of “SuperAnn” and “Family Strong” have been sold and worn by many students and teachers. Hanrahan is known by her colleagues as having one of the biggest hearts at City High.

“The extra funds collected will be given to Mrs. Hanrahan and her family to help offset some of her medical bills, and to use in whatever way they will find most useful,” Renee Tonning said.