Your donation will support the student journalists of Iowa City High School. For 2023, we are trying to update our video and photo studio, purchase new cameras and attend journalism conferences.
Candy Cane Oreo Truffles Recipe
December 16, 2016
‘Tis the season for cozy evenings in front of the warm fire, holiday music, gazing at beautiful lights with loved ones, and delicious food. Add these candy cane oreo truffles to your list of holiday treats this season!
What you’ll need
- 36 oreos
- 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup crushed candy canes or peppermint candies for decorating
- Place the oreo cookies in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground
- Add the cream cheese and pulse until the mixture is well combined and smooth
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- Scoop the mixture into balls with 1 inch diameter (cookie dough scoop)
- Place the cookie balls in the freezer until chilled at least for 1 hour
- Melt chocolate- place chocolate in a wide, shallow bowl, then place the bowl over a boiling pot of water that containers roughly 2-3 inches of water. Slowly stir around the chocolate until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove the truffles from freezer and dip into melted chocolate
- Return to baking sheet and immediately sprinkle tops with crushed peppermint and allow chocolate to set
- Store the truffles in an airtight container