New Teacher Profile: Ms. Lee

After being a paraeducator at City High for three years, Camerron Lee will be joining City as a teacher. Initially, though, Lee would have chosen a different career path.

“I wasn’t planning on being a teacher until I was a paraeducator here,” Lee said. “Once I saw how teachers were interacting with students, though, I decided that was what I wanted to do.”

Lee originally intended to become a school counselor, but made the switch based on experiences with students.

“I decided that I would actually prefer to work with students who had disabilities and had learning goals. It just feels good knowing that I’m here helping students who might be struggling otherwise,” Lee said. “That’s how I want to spend my days.”

Lee will be teaching two sections of learning support, two sections of success center, and will be co-teaching English Nine with Mandy Sotillo.

Outside of teaching, Lee has a variety of hobbies, including listening to books on audio, hiking, and spending time with family. Additionally, Lee enjoys relaxing at home after a busy day.

“I feel like our days are so fast and jam packed with stuff that it’s just nice to be home and relax,” Lee said. “Netflix is my go-to.”

Lee described her philosophy towards teaching as being to help all students learn and grow, while maintaining the expectation that they can reach higher levels of learning.

“It’s just a matter of meeting them where they are and helping them along the way, so I think that all students are capable of succeeding in school.”

$1800
$5000