Fried Rice, Indonesia
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil (corn or peanut)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 to 4 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- ¼ cup of stock or white wine
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark sesame
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup minced scallion or fresh cilantro
- Put 1 tbs of oil on skillet over high heat.
- Add onion and stir until nicely browned.
- Add mixed vegtables and cook for about a minute.
- Put the remaining oil in the skillet.
- Add the garlic and the ginger, then almost immediately add the rice.
- Add the eggs and the stock and stir for about a minute.
- Add the soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.