Sadie Bodzin

Teacher Appreciation: Mr. Scott is Making Freshman Year Awesome

Every day when the bell signaling the end of third period goes off, I feel relieved in some ways knowing that my next class will be with Mr. Scott. Mr. Scott is one of the few teachers I’ve had that I feel completely comfortable around. I can joke with him, but I also have fun doing his assignments. I feel like he really listens to students’ feedback and shapes his teaching and assignments to be something that everyone can complete. 

Being a freshman at City High this year, I went into high school very anxious and without much knowledge of what high school was like. Thankfully for me, my English teacher Mr. Scott was also facing many of the same challenges as this year was his first year as a teacher. Having somebody that could both help me as my teacher and relate to me as a person was so helpful to get through my first year at City High. Soon after school started, I already knew that Mr. Scott’s class was going to be a place of comfort for me at City High.

I remember one time in February when the honors students in his class had a meeting to present the book review slides we had made. I was really stressed about it because I wasn’t sure if my slides were up to standard, but as soon as I got into the meeting I felt at ease. Because Mr. Scott makes his classroom such a fun and easy-going environment. I find that I don’t stress as much about the things that would bother me in other classes. 

Thank you Mr. Scott for making your classroom a safe and stress-free environment at City High.

$1800
$5000