Molly Savage and Mrs. Stucky-Swanson pose in her office.

Mrs. Stucky-Swanson Helped Me Love Music

I’ve been in music since 5th grade, taking private lessons, interacting with the directors in my schools, and one stands out the most. Mrs. Stucky-swanson. I wanted to quit orchestra. My mom forced me to try at least one trimester of orchestra freshman year, and I’m very grateful for that. If I hadn’t tried orchestra in high school, I would be an entirely different person. 

Mrs. Stucky is one of the main reasons I stayed in the program. I never really wanted to join the orchestra in the first place, and I didn’t like a few of my past teachers, which was a strong motivation towards quitting. But after a few weeks in her class, I was convinced to keep playing the violin. 

After a few months of convincing Mrs. Stucky, I switched instruments to the bass, which has made me appreciate the class even more. Learning a new instrument and playing harder music is tough, but if I mess up in a spot she always helps me fix it. I’ve had music teachers who only care about their students who are the best, but Mrs. Stucky puts effort into all levels of music. Music isn’t for everyone, but with Mrs. Stucky-Swanson’s teaching, I know it’s for me. She cares about her students, is funny, is always there to talk, and has a clear passion for what she does. 

$1800
$5000