Teacher Appreciation : Mr. Hagy Brings Music to Life

The students gather in room 1517, as they anticipate class starting. A few giggles here and there, and the room is filled with murmurs as the choir listens for the first chord. Mr. Hagy rises from his chair to bring the room and music to life.  

“Mr. Hagy makes the choir exhilarating. He’s so lively when he teaches. You can feel his passion for music through his conducting.” and anonymous student said.

During my years in choir, I have had the chance to get to work under Mr. Hagy’s direction in one way or another. I used to dread choir if I am being completely honest. I would always say “Oh, I do choir for show choir.” But after having the opportunity to work with Mr. Hagy for 3 years, I finally don’t deny the fact that I look forward to choir every day. When you walk into choir, you will immediately be welcomed by a family. Though there are many emotions, challenges, and stress attached to choir, Hagy’s passion for the pieces we sing makes it worth it. 

When a teacher has passion for what they teach, it makes students more engaged. Though for Hagy, passion doesn’t begin to explain how much he cares for and appreciates music and what he does. He wants to teach, he wants students to learn, and most of all he wants his students to feel loved. 

Mr. Hagy, thank you for not only bringing music to my life, but bringing the pieces to life as well.

$1775
$5000