Julia Powers

New Biology Teacher To City High

Angela Knutson is new to City High after working for two years at Lone Tree High School. At first Knutson didn’t know what she was going to do after she got her bachelor’s in Biology, but after talking with her father she came to the decision.

“My dad said ‘Hey, have you ever thought about teaching?’ and I thought, hmm. I hadn’t really up until then, then I started thinking about it and it was a really good fit,” Knutson said. “So I get to meet new people, I get to have variety every single day, and I get to teach the new generation of people coming through.”

After discovering her passion for teaching she never looked back and returned to school to get her education degree.

When the opportunity came up to teach at City High she decided to apply.

“I think it’s got a reputation of fantastic students and teachers and so the job position came up and I thought I’d give it a shot, and I made it which is really exciting,”

Now, after getting the job, she teaches 5 sections of biology where she is getting rave student reviews.

The future of our society is you guys. So I get to be a part of that. It’s pretty exciting.

— Mrs. Knutson

With the start of the new school year, Knutson is hoping to meet new students and teachers, along with having as many new experiences as possible. A way she is making this happen is by being a sponsor for the City High Science Club.

“I think we are going to try and something with the Science Olympiad–competitions in science–and so that could be really fun. I’ve never done it before. There are some kind of kooky events, like Pictionary but science version, and building things, and I think it will be really fun.”

When Knutson is not working she can be found doing trivia or enjoying activities outside.

“I have a dog and a cat, so we play and go for walks. That is what I enjoy. I like to do trivia. I’m not super great at it but I try my best,” Knutson said. “I like being outside. Sand volleyball is fun.”

Knutson hopes to keep teaching and inspiring future generations with the world of science.

“The future of our society is you guys. So I get to be a part of that. It’s pretty exciting.”

$1825
$5000