Teacher Appreciation: Ms Meyer Nails Teaching Advanced Math and is Genuine

Ms. Meyer is one of the most supportive teachers we have ever had. She never fails to congratulate a student on their accomplishments, whether it is academic, arts, or sports-related. It is also obvious that she is genuinely interested in all things happening at City High. Ms. Meyer also makes an effort to come to school events to support her students.  

Katy Harmsen ‘24: I really appreciate how Ms. Meyer would always take interest in cheer. Often during football and basketball season she would compliment my cheering the next time we were in class and it would always make me feel appreciated. 

Not only is she kind, but she also is a great teacher. Math is not by any means the easiest subject on any high schooler’s schedule, but Ms. Meyer always makes sure that we have a strong base of knowledge to make math a lot easier to understand as we move on to more complicated topics. We are extremely grateful for the effort she puts into teaching, even outside of the classroom. Ms. Meyer is also very accommodating and takes time sometimes before and after school for students to make up tests or retake tests. 

Althea Downing Sherer ‘24: Contrary to my previous apprehension about the subject, math has become one of my favorite classes because of Ms. Meyer. I really understand the content and its applications better than in any class I’ve taken before. She is always available to answer any question I have and takes the time to explain the answers to the fullest. She has even taken time out of her morning to help my friend and I do SAT prep. 

Ms. Meyer is an extremely encouraging teacher who is preparing her students well for advanced math in the future!

$1800
$5000