Dr. Humston Makes Learning Enjoyable

In classes where there’s unvaried learning everyday, without any time for students to have a break, I often find myself getting distracted or burnt out. That’s one of the many reasons why I love my Chemistry Honors class with Dr. Humston. Everyday, without fail, the class I’m most excited for is my 5th period with Dr. Humston. 

Dr. Humston is an incredibly understanding teacher who goes above and beyond to get to know her students and try to make class fun for them. She gives students the opportunity to play fun word games or a round of Family Feud after we’ve completed our notes or work for the day. Because of this, I feel like I learn while still being able to enjoy the class and have something to look forward to everyday. Furthermore, Dr. Humston makes the things we learn easier to understand by constantly answering questions and breaking things up so students aren’t just listening to her talk the entire class.

But, her teaching strategies and the way she structures her class aren’t the only things I enjoy about Dr. Humston’s class. Her empathy and openness are qualities that I admire about her. If I’m gone for a day and miss an assignment or test, I can always count on Dr. Humston to help me understand what I missed. Even though she is busy, she always takes the time to help her students and makes sure that everyone fully understands the concepts we’re learning. I’m very lucky to have a teacher like Dr. Humston this year.

$1800
$5000