LH Now

The LH Now show is what you need to know about City High.

Elise Goodvin

Katrina Scandrett and Cora Bern-Klug

MARY POPPINS TRY OUTS
Starting Monday Feb 2nd and go until Wednesday Feb 4th.  To audition a students needs to have a minute long monologue memorized, sing a broadway song or one selected from Mary Poppins.  Talk to Mr. Peters or Mr. Lestina for more information.

CITY HIGH DEBATES HAVING HALF SIZED LOCKERS
Half sized or full sized lockers are being debated on the second and third floor.  Read the whole story here.

CLASS REGISTRATION BEGINS JANUARY 27TH
Students will begin registering for classes next week.  Signs are posted outside most classrooms with the times and in the above link.

AMBASSADORS DANCE MARATHON
February 5th 5-9
There will be food to raising money for UIHC by selling neon stars
Each class, and the staff, will have a different colored star and at the end, for the class that sells the most stars, the students that bought one will get a prize. Stars will cost $1 and will be on sale in the foyer before and after school and during lunch, starting Today.  The dance will have a neon theme with a DJ.

DANCE FOR HUMANITY
Interact club and west highs 1440 club hosting dance on Feb 15th.  The proceeds go to habitat for humanity.  It happens at the old brick church downtown at 6:00.  Tickets are 5 dollars for students 10 dollars for adults.  There is live music, silent auction, dancing, dance lessons with YUMMY HIPS.

CHESS CLUB TOURNAMENT NEXT WEEK
The City High Chess Club will be holding their first annual chess tournament on Wednesday January 28th. Speak with Mr. Dodge in room 2311 before Tuesday, January 27th to sign up. Register as soon as possible to confirm your place in the tournament.  Anyone is welcome.

TONIGHT’S SPORTS:

Basketball vs Dubuque Hempstead- Girls @ CHS, Boys @ Hempstead. JV/Soph at 6:00 pm, Varsity at 7:30 pm

REC LEAGUE

Rec League Basketball season kicked off this week.

Results:
BYOB: Win
The Cherubs: Win
Tate Warriors: Win
Team Britton: Win
Can’t score won’t score: lose
Iowa city balls: lose
Fiddler on the hoop: Lose
W$D: Lose
Backfire: First game is next week

The next set of games are on Monday at 5:00 p.m. at Robert E Lee Rec Center

VALENTINES DAY SHOUT OUTS
& Cutest Couple Contest
-Come to the news lab in room 2109
-Be tweeted out and some put in the paper
Tweet @thelittlehawk your cutest couple photos to win dinner at Atlas or Big Grove Brewery. Most likes on Twitter win. Contest ends February 12th.