Liz Degner
Liz Degner
Yearbook

#1 seed for boys basketball

By Tucker Tholen
2.5.10

With many doubts at the beginning of the season the Little Hawks boys basketball have showed the state their here to play.
City Highs senior leader Nolan Amelon was sidelined by a mild ankle injury in the middle of the season. “ It sucks being injured during the season, especially during my senior seson.”
But missing one of their key player the Little Hawks still found a way to win. Posting a 3-4 record without Amelon and playing teams all with winning records.
The Little Hawks have a record of 9-7 this season. Losing their last game to the high powered Linn-Mar team lead by sophomore star Marcus Paige
But even with the lose the Little Hawks still received the number one seed in the sub-state. “It’s awesome that as a team we have come together and win games and it has all payed off in the end.” Senior Alex Christophersen 10’ said.
The Little Hawks next game is tomorrow against cross-town rival West High. The game will be held at our dear old City High. City lost to West High by two in overtime their last meeting on December 18th at West High.