What You Need to Know About Homecoming This Year

Anna Pienta, Reporter

West High’s and City High’s homecoming dance on the same day? What?! Yes, on September 26th for both City High and West High, the annual Homecoming dance is on the same day.

This has definitely caused some uproar between students of both high schools. One of the biggest problems on having these two dances on the same night, is the complication of people wanting to attend both dances. Last year this wasn’t a problem. Girls and boys from both schools were able to enjoy two homecoming’s in one year.

If you’re planning on going on your social media the night of homecoming, forget it. Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, you name it. It is guaranteed that you will only see posed pictures of people with their dates, and other pictures of that sort.

Dinner is also going to be a disaster that night. Most places to eat this upcoming Saturday will be very full. Not that Iowa City and Coralville have limited restaurant options, but the majority of the restaurants in town will be filling up within the next week. Looks like more people will have to cater or just eat at home for this homecoming.

Although, some people might think the separation of the two schools is good. Having them on the same day will make the numbers of students at both go down. If they were to be on different days more people would attend both. But having an overcrowded dance would be better than having an overcrowded town.