Hawkeye Football Players Teach Lemme Students

C.J. Beathard, Marshall Koehn, George Kittle, and other Hawkeye football players spoke to Lemme Elementary students during an assembly after watching the Hawkeye Star Wars Crossover video on YouTube.

Joseph Cress

Joseph Cress, Reporter

Standing in front of a crowd of Lemme Elementary students George Kittle admitted he still throw up before games.

Kittle jokingly revealed this was his pregame ritual after fielding several questions from Lemme Elementary students during an assembly in the gym Tuesday afternoon.

“The kids are the future and we’re just so grateful to be able to come here to experience this,” Jordan Canzeri said. “For us to be able to come back and give to the community and come talk to kids and tell them what real things are important in life, that’s obviously the best thing to do for them.”

C.J. Beathard went on to talk to Lemme students about the important of reading and reading books as a team or class. Other questions included were regarding where Canzeri, Koehn, Kittle and others were recruited.

“To us it’s something we don’t notice but they look up to us and we want to be the positive role models for them,” Canzeri said regarding what it’s like to be a looked to by younger fans. “Kids see us in that sort of light so it’s our job to show them the right character to be and how you should act and everything. We’re just glad to have that opportunity to help out in any way we can.”

The Hawkeyes will take the field this Saturday at 2:30 against Indiana University in Bloomington.