A Letter From the President

LH Staff

Art by Estie Dillard.

Teagan Roeder, Reporter

As we enter the new school year, I’m looking forward to serving the people of City High as your class president. My priorities are to increase the amount of communication the Senate will be doing with the student body. However, many of the plans we currently have are on hold while we prepare for Homecoming. However, in the weeks following Homecoming, we will be exploring ways to communicate better and be more representative of the Student Body. My first step in this initiative is to write to you all through the Little Hawk to let you know what is happening in the Student Senate.

First and foremost, I want to be sure that you understand that the Student Senate, and by extension I, are here to advocate for you. If you have an issue or something you’d like to do but don’t have the means to do it, the Senate will do its duty in helping you achieve that. We have an amazing range of creativity here at City. That creativity can be turned into events to make the 2017-2018 school year memorable. We can explore a wide variety of ways to carry out the requests of the student body.

Second, we in the Student Senate want to be sure that students are able to communicate directly with the Class Officers. An issue in the past is the lack of ability to effectively bring up student concerns. I wish for this to happen no more. I hope that everyone is able to comfortable with bringing ideas to the Senate. It is for that reason that I’ll be giving contact information for myself at the end of this letter. I am open to communication at any time during the school year.

And finally, to my fellow seniors; You remain the most fascinating group of people in the range of talent, skill, and personality. You are all deserving of the greatest year of your education. I will not be doing my duty if you’re not enjoying yourselves. My duty is to you and your happiness. I want to see everyone on the floor of Carver Hawkeye Arena happy for all the memories we have here in the next few months.

Yours,

Teagan Roeder

President of City High

Email: [email protected]

Snapchat: ThatCynicalTeen

Phone Number: 319-471-2379