Boys Swimming Dominates District Meet

Isaac Weigel '21 receives the gold medal for his 500-yard freestyle race at the districts meet.

Jordan Huff

Jordan Huff

Eric Thomas and Forrest Frazier

For the second year, City High’s 200 yard medley relay of Forrest Frazier ’20, Louis Stephan ’20, Eric Thomas ’18, and Mickale Sadecky ’18 not only qualified for state but set a new school record. They are now seeded fifth in the state and are less than half a second from second place and a second from first.

The next event was the 200-yard free. With an exciting time drop for freshman Isaac Weigel, he qualified for state. He also qualified in his other event, the 500 yard free with a massive time drop.

In addition, Thomas and Stephan both qualified in the 200 yard Individual Medley, both dropping over four seconds and catching the first gold medal of the meet. Stephan also qualified in the 100-yard breaststroke alongside Frazier, who won the event, setting a school record and seeding himself first in the state. Fraizer is also the first seed in the 100-yard butterfly, breaking his own school record with a time of 50.59.

Soon after the breaststroke, the meet finished with the 400-yard freestyle relay. Sadecky, Thomas, Stephan and Frazier, the same relay team that started off the meet, set the team up for twelfth place at the state meet next weekend.

Along with the state qualifiers, the rest of the team successfully ended the season, dropping time in almost every event. Some outstanding drops came from Mark Krysan ‘20 dropping five seconds in the 500-yard freestyle, and a three-second drop from Rob Strang ‘18 in both the 100-yard backstroke and freestyle.  

“This meet was insane,” Sam Naylor ‘18 said. “We started the season strong, now we’re ending even stronger!”

About the Writers
Eric Thomas, Reporter

My name used to be Eric Wang, but when I came from North Korea, I had to change my name to stay disguised. Along with this, I bleached my skin and colored...