Interact Club Welcomes Rotarians to Speak About Annual Club Trip

Emme Perencevich

Infographic by Emme Perencevich

Paris Fuller, News Editor

Interact club shares exciting news about a student volunteering trip to Xicotepec. During advisory Tuesday,new information was shared with the students of Interact club. Interact club is a way for students to connect to volunteer organizations and earn silver cord hours for graduation. Every year the club takes an annual trip to Xicotepec, Mexico with help from the rotary club which sponsors and shaparons the trip.

“Since this project began, [we’ve] had over a thousand members.” Says Jim Peterson, apart of Rotary district six thousand.

They are also in charge of making arrangements and even raise money for scholarships. The work consists of helping paint murals, deworm school kids, and work on various construction projects. The trip is the week of spring break. Students leave Sunday and come back Saturday. The cost is one thousand eight hundred and fifty dollars but Jim Peterson shares a new way to get that money back into students’ pockets. 

“If your a first time participant, and a member of Interact our district has a very generous program where they will reimburse you for up to half those costs. So up to nine hundred and twenty five dollar reimbursement.” 

Students can stop by room 1102 Tuesdays during advisory to get forms or keep updated on new information.

If students have any questions they can see Dr. Humston in room 1102.