Spirit Week Sees Some Changes due to Pandemic

Max Berry-Stoelzle, Reporter

Students coming to school in their pajamas, wearing crazy hats, or dressing up to the theme of country vs frat, has become a regular occurrence during Spirit Week. Despite COVID-19, Student Senate plans to continue this annual tradition at City High. However, there will be some changes.

The most notable change is that it will be two weeks long. This is so that the hybrid students can fully experience all the days. A day students will have the first three spirit days on Monday, October 19 to Wednesday, October 21 B day students will have the first two days Thursday, October 22 to Friday, October 23. Then the following week A day students will have the last two days Monday, October 26, and Tuesday 27, while B day students will have the last three days Wednesday, October 28 through Friday, October 30.

“I’m super excited about this year’s Spirit Week,” Student Senate President Katherine Geerdes ’21 said. “I think [having] two weeks of themes really helps incorporate all students.”

Even though there are a few changes to spirit week, the basis will remain the same. Dress up as best you can in accordance with the theme of the day. The five themes for spirit week this year are Pajama Day, Wacky Tourist, Animal Print, Prom/Homecoming Day, and Halloween Costume Day.

“Online students can email [or] tweet [Bacon] a picture of their themed outfits,” Geerdes said. “I’d encourage students to send their pictures over to [the] yearbook as well.”