Show Choir Goes All Online Amid Pandemic

Rachel Marsh

Charisma and other schools’ show choirs watch Fourth Avenue’s performance.

Paris Fuller, News Editor

Since City High has decided to go all online for the next 2 weeks, many City High clubs and sports are still up in the air. Resorting to many sports and clubs have gone all online through zoom.

“It’s weird not learning the dances with other people and it does take out some of the fun when we can’t learn together.” Said Chloe Mayfield ‘21.

As of now, the show choir is learning new music as they have finished their show, which is choreography and the music that goes along with that. Chloe believes show choir helps her with the stress she feels during the pandemic.

“Show choir has been really fun and it’s been a good way to get out of the house while also feeling safe due to the precautions our director and our group have also taken. I can go as an all-online student and feel safe.” Mayfield ‘21 said. 

As of now, the show choir is all online which means students do their practices from 6:30 to 9 over Zoom on Mondays and Thursdays.

“I think the most stressful thing about show choir is making sure that you are putting in as much effort into practicing as others. Show choir requires a lot of practice at home and especially now with extra work with the online school it’s a little harder.” Replied Mayfield ‘21.