New York Times Bestselling Author Tiffany Jackson Visits City High

Bestselling author, Tiffany Jackson promotes inclusivity and working through adversities during her visit to City High to talk about her new book

Tiffany+Jackson+talks+with++students+and+signs+books+

Liz Degnar

Tiffany Jackson talks with students and signs books

Diego Loria-Eivins

Tiffany Jackson, a New York Times Bestselling author visited City High on March 29, to connect with students and talk about her career. Tiffany has received the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work and an Audie Award for Short Stories/Collections. She has over a decade of experience in the film industry, working for companies including National Geographic, Roc Nation, and BBC America. 

“Jackson has repeatedly proved that she is a titan among her peers, and her latest novel is no exception,” said ALA Booklist. 

Students throughout the day during open hours attended her seminar in the Old Commons where Tiffany Talked about her books, her experiences as an author and the message she wants to show in her writing. 

“I felt like she just connected so heavily with the people she was talking to, she’s achieved so much and hearing her talk definitely inspired me to set my ambitions high and be resilient in pursuing my dreams,” said Isabelle Rivera, ‘24. 

Tiffany has published over eleven young adult novels and plans to continue writing and multitasking with her personal life

“​​Be strategic and resilient in the pursuit of your dreams. That sounds like a cheesy quote, right? But nah, I’m serious. Resilience is one hell of a quality to master and not many have the skin for it,” said Tiffany Jackson. 

Tiffany Jackson says she would love to visit more schools and suggests reaching out to “The Author Village” to set up a visit.