Dominic Roe
Dominic Roe
Reporter

Student Senate Recap: Elections, Homecoming, and Senior Activities

Student Senate kicks off the year, led by Co-Presidents Lulu Roarick and Rosangel Flores Rubio
Rosangel Flores-Rubio

With clipboards being passed around, students of all grade levels collaborated at the school year’s first Student Senate meeting. The group met to form committees for everything Homecoming – including the parade, dance, and Powderpuff football. 

“We had a full house, it was really exciting to see so many people taking initiative in just the first meeting. We have a great list of people and I’m glad to see a mix of underclassmen and upperclassmen,” Co-President Rosangel Flores Rubio ‘24 said.

Seniors put names in for the Treasurer and Secretary election that is to be held this Friday, and a committee was formed to discuss and plan senior activities. Additionally the Homecoming parade will reach Washington Street this year, posing new challenges and necessary tasks to be done by the parade’s committee. These tasks include posters and door hangings to be posted along the parade route before the day-of.

This year’s homecoming is the earliest in recent years, set for September 23rd. With the added worry of the upcoming deadlines, Flores Rubio recognizes the group’s stress, adding a positive note.

“I think that we have so many people that are so interested that it will turn out,” Flores Rubio concluded.