Will Hand
Will Hand
Reporter

Little Hawks Win MVC Valley Divisonal Golf Meet

Rito Perez
In an earlier meet in the year Ethan Nace ’24 fires his drive on hole one at Pleasant Valley

Going into the second MVC Valley divisional golf meet, the Little Hawks were leading the Valley side by three strokes. The team looked to extend their lead at Irv Warren Memorial Golf Course on Monday. 

The Little Hawks ended up having their best score of the season by ten strokes carding a 300. Jack Rogers ‘26 led the team with a 69 and was a medalist in the meet. Ethan Nace ‘24 carded his best round of the season with a 74, and the last two of the four scores were from Jake Mitchell ‘24 with a 78 and Nick Meredith ‘25 with a 79.

“It feels great. This was my expectation for myself all year and it feels good to finally put together a complete round. The key is to play smart and don’t let your bad shots get to you. I hope to continue shooting low for upcoming rounds and districts,” Nace said.

After this performance, the Little Hawks lead the Valley side of the conference by nine shots going into the final MVC meet of the year at The Meadows golf course. Additionally, Rogers is currently tied for conference medalist with state champion Reid Hall ‘24 from Kennedy.

“I started off really hot and didn’t quite end how I wanted to, but that’s what’s great about this team. When you don’t play great, someone else will come in with a great score. The team has been hot lately so we look to keep that going heading into districts,” Meredith said.

View Comments (1)
$1825
$5000