Halle Larew
Halle Larew
Reporter

Little Hawks to Take on Kennedy Cougars During Homecoming Week for Spot in Playoffs

Kaeding Eland
Varsity football team runs out holding flags to commemorate Heroes Night

The Iowa City High vs Cedar Rapids Kennedy football game is an even matchup with both teams being 2-2 with wins and losses against strong competition. The Kennedy Cougars are coming into the game with a strong offense with key players being four star offensive lineman Nick Brooks, quarterback Vinny Gianforte and receiver Cyrus Courtney. The Little Hawks are coming off a game where they held the West High Trojans to eight points and four forced turnovers. This game should be an offensive vs defensive matchup. 

“You know I’m really looking forward to guarding Cyrus Courtney and helping to prove that our defense is one of the best in the state,” Dom Salibi ‘25 said.

This is one of the most highly anticipated games of the Little Hawks season, due to the fact that City High has won two straight as well as it is homecoming week. The Kennedy Cougars however have had very impressive wins beating Linn Mar 34-0 and Cedar Rapids Washington 45-7. The Cougars losses however were to ranked teams in the Pleasant Valley Spartans and Dowling Catholic. Both of these losses came within a total of 14 points. The Little Hawks look to surpass the cougars and proceed with their hard schedule that they have with Linn-Mar and Bettendorf coming up. 

“I’m really looking forward to not only playing Kennedy but Linn Mar and Bettendorf too and I want to help lead this offense to the dome this year with the weapons I have,” Bobby Bacon ‘25 said.