Gabriel Egeland
Gabriel Egeland
Assistant Sports Editor

Homecoming 2023: What You Need to Know

A guide to everything homecoming-related happening this year.
Estelle Hartz
City High Marching Band leads the Homecoming Parade down 4th Avenue

Homecoming is approaching sooner and sooner, and with the dance being this Saturday, September 23rd, here is an update on everything homecoming-related.

STARE DOWN THE COACH: Running back Ruth Cloyd ’25 listens to the play call during the homecoming PowderPuff football game. (Megan Swartzendruber)

This week is Homecoming Spirit Week, with the Spirit Week days decided by the Student Senate and Spirit Club. The 5 days are Pajama Day, Barbie vs. Ken, Bikers vs. Surfers, Rhyme Without Reason, and Extreme Red and White. 

The theme for this year is Golden Hour. Student Senate described the theme as “Golden Hour, which is the period after the sun rises and before the sun sets. From reds and oranges to golds and blues, Golden Hour is the theme where you dress as the colors of the hour of the golden sky.”

“Homecoming came quickly this year, but I’m incredibly excited to put on the dance, and the parade was a complete success,” Student Senate Co-President Lulu Roarick ‘24 said.

Along with the dance and spirit week, seniors have the opportunity to be elected to Homecoming Court, where they are recognized by their peers and are the representatives of the senior class. 

I feel very lucky to have people in my life who want me to represent them in that way,” Homecoming Court member Norah Mettemeyer ‘24 said.

The annual City High Homecoming Parade and Powderpuff game took place yesterday, starting at Mercer Park and ending at Bates Field. Multiple groups participated in the parade, and the Homecoming Court had the opportunity to take part in the parade as well.

Though everything Homecoming is coming to a close soon, this is everything you need to know about City High’s 2023 Homecoming.

View Comments (1)
$1975
$5000