Jack Rogers
Jack Rogers
Sports Co-Editor

This Week in City High Sports

Amelie Donovan
City Girls Basketball high fives members of the Solon team after last Tuesday’s game

This week at City High is full of varsity athletic events. We will be previewing them here on The Little Hawk.

Boys Basketball (2-0): The boys will look to stay undefeated after their two matchups this week, with the first being Marion HS at the Hawks Nest on Monday, December 4th. The Little Hawks then take on Davenport West away from home on Saturday, December 9th.

Girls Basketball (1-2): The girls also have two matchups this week, their first is at home against Dubuque Wahlert on Tuesday, December 5th. They will stay at home for their second game of the week against Marion on Saturday, December 9th. 

Boys (1-0) and Girls Wrestling: The teams host a meet against Washington on Thursday, December 7th beginning at 7:00 PM. The boys will also compete in the Saydel Tournament in the Saydel High School South Gym on Saturday, December 9th at 10 AM. 

Boys (1-1) and Girls Bowling (0-2): City High Boys and Girls Bowling will host Prairie High School in a meet at Colonial Lanes on Friday, December 8th at 3:15 PM. They will also compete in the Prairie Invitational meet on Saturday. 

Boys Swimming (1-0): The Little Hawks will first take on CR Washington on Tuesday, December 5th at 6 PM at Washington High School. City’s second meet takes place on Saturday, December 9th at 10 AM featuring Dubuque and Iowa City Quad in the Mercer Aquatic Center.