Amelie Donovan
Amelie Donovan
Assistant Sports Editor

Senior Photos and Song Instructions

What soon-to-be graduates should know about their photos, quotes, and senior songs
Wisdom Konu
Scan the QR codes to submit senior photos, quotes, and songs

As the class of 2024 begins to close their high school chapter, the deadline to submit senior photos, songs, and quotes for this year’s yearbook draws near. Earlier this year, the 2023-24 yearbook theme was announced. The Hawkify theme utilizes Spotify-inspired album covers and playlists as inspiration for the designs. 

“This year, because our yearbook theme is Hawkify, which is music and Spotify themed, we decided that having a senior song would tie really well with the theme,” Yearbook Assistant Editor, Molly Savage ‘25 said. 

This year, seniors can choose to add a song instead of a quote. Traditionally, senior quotes are used as a simple way for people to remember who you are, leaving a final impression of some sort at the school. 

“I believe it’s another way for students to express themselves and to leave something behind at school like the yearbook instead of a quote or words that others have said before. It’s creative as well as different,” said Ariel Johnson ‘24.  

The deadline for submitting your senior photos is January 10, 2024, by 11:59 PM. If photos are not submitted, school-issued photos will be used. The guidelines for yearbook senior photos photo are vertical photos – colored photos only – with a full-face view with only you in the photo and no creative filters or photographic treatments.

“We decided to do the songs because I think that a lot of people find themselves and their identity in music so we think that having songs of senior quotes might be a little bit more fun and it’s more with the times,” Lili Moesnner ‘24 said.